Digital X-rays are a safe, helpful diagnosing tool. Our dentist uses them to spot any dental issues that are difficult to detect with the naked eye. We utilize digital X-rays to:
– Locate decay that is not perceptible with the naked eye
– Detect decay beneath an existing filling or other restoration
– Detect bone loss caused by gum disease or other issues
– Locate changes in the root canal or the surrounding bone from infection
– Help Dr. Douglas A Deam DMD PA prepare for dental implants, dentures, or other procedures
– Locate an abscess
– Detect and diagnose other abnormalities
Having X-rays taken can help our dentist detect, diagnose, and treat any dental issues that you may have early, when they are easier to treat. This can save you money and discomfort.
Dr. Douglas A Deam DMD PA will decide how often to take your X-rays depending on your dental history and your current dental health. If you have a history of frequent tooth decay or of gum disease, you may need to have digital X-rays taken of your chompers as often as every six months. However, if you have no recent issues like gum disease, you may only need to have dental X-rays taken once a year, or once every few years. If you are a new patient, our dentist may take X-rays as part of your first visit. This will give us something to compare any changes in your oral cavity to over time.
We welcome you to contact our dental office today to learn more about digital X-rays and to schedule your next appointment with our dentist in Coral Gables, Florida. We look forward to getting to know you!