If you have discolored teeth marring the appearance of your smile, then you may want to visit our office for a teeth whitening procedure. Dr. Douglas A Deam can brighten your tooth color, making your smile look healthier and more beautiful. However, before undergoing this service, there are some things you may want to know beforehand.
- There are several whitening options available. Whitening toothpastes remove surface stains, at-home whitening products go a little deeper, and in-office whitening can brighten your smile up to eight shades.
- Yellow teeth bleach very well, but brown or gray teeth are more difficult to lighten.
- You may experience some sensitivity after whitening your teeth. This happens when peroxide gets through your tooth enamel and reaches the dentin underneath. However, this is only a temporary sensation.
- If you have stains on your teeth as a result of injury or medication, then a whitening procedure may not be as effective. Additionally, whitening does not work on crowns, veneers, or fillings.
- Too much whitening can damage your tooth and gum tissues, so be sure to follow the instructions of at-home whitening products and ask our dentist if you have questions or concerns.
Call our dentist today to see if you can benefit from a teeth whitening procedure. We are always happy to help.