Do you have gaps, spaces, or missing teeth in your smile? Do you wear uncomfortable dentures? Are you uncomfortable with having tooth enamel removed to make a bridge? Talk to Dr. Raymond del Castillo or Dr. Douglas A. Deam about dental implants in Coral Gables, Florida!
A dental implant is a titanium post that is surgically placed in your upper or lower jaw to serve as roots for an artificial tooth. Dental implants have many advantages, including:
- Improved appearance
- They become permanent
- It is easier to speak with dental implants than with dentures that slip
- They are more comfortable than removable dentures
- They function like your natural teeth, so it is easier to eat with them than with removable dentures
- Improved self-esteem
- They do not require the removal of tooth enamel like a dental bridge does, so implants improve oral health
- They are durable and with good care, can last a lifetime
- They are more convenient than dentures because they do not need to be removed
To place a dental implant, our dentist will first surgically position the titanium post into the bone socket of the missing tooth. As your jawbone heals, it will grow around the post, anchoring it into place and adding stability. When the healing process is complete, our dentist will attach an abutment, a small connector post, to the implant. An impression of your teeth is made so a replacement tooth can be constructed. When ready, the replacement tooth is attached to the abutment.
We encourage you to contact the office of Raymond del Castillo, DDS today and to schedule a consultation!