Dental X-rays are pictures of the teeth, bones, and the surrounding soft tissues taken by our dentist. X-rays help Dr. Douglas A Deam detect problems with your smile like cavities, hidden dental structures, and bone loss. X-rays show things that cannot be seen during a visual examination. During your next dental checkup or appointment, our dentist may take an X-ray in Coral Gables, Florida.
Dr. Douglas A Deam performs X-rays to:
- Find problems like tooth decay, damage to the bones that support the teeth, and dental injuries
- Find problems before symptoms are present
- Locate teeth that are not in the right place or that cannot break through the gums
- Detect cysts, tumors, or abscesses
- Check for the location of permanent teeth growing in the jaw of children who still have their primary teeth
- Plan treatment for root canal therapy, dental implant placement, tooth extractions, and large cavities
- Plan orthodontic treatment
When performing an X-ray, we will cover you with a lead apron that will shield your body from the X-rays. You will bite down on a small piece of plastic that holds the X-ray film. Biting down will align your teeth properly for the X-ray.
Contact the office of Douglas A. Deam, DMD, PA today to learn more and to schedule your next visit!