A dental crown is a tooth-shaped covering that is placed over a tooth to restore its shape, size, strength, and appearance. Crowns cover the entire visible part of a tooth. Dr. Raymond del Castillo and Dr. Douglas A. Deam may recommend a dental crown in Coral Gables, Florida, to serve the following purposes:
- To protect a weak tooth from breaking
- To hold together a cracked tooth
- To restore a broken tooth
- To restore a worn tooth
- To support a tooth with a large filling
- To anchor a dental bridge
- To cover irregularly shaped teeth
- To cover badly discolored teeth
- To cover a dental implant
- To make a cosmetic improvement
To prepare your tooth for a dental crown, our dentists will remove a small amount of enamel. This will allow room for the crown in your smile. An impression will then be made so a dental crown can be constructed. With the use of CEREC, Dr. del Castillo or Dr. Deam can make and place porcelain crowns in one visit. Usually, the construction of a crown takes about two weeks. Our dentists will check the fit of the dental crown, make any necessary adjustments, and cement it permanently into place.
We encourage you to contact the office of Raymond del Castillo, DDS today to learn more and to schedule an appointment!