In most offices, you see the hygienist first for a cleaning and the dentist comes in at the end of the appointment for a quick look. During a dental checkup, our dentist personally does the initial comprehensive examination and spends a full hour with you. You receive a thorough, comprehensive examination, accomplishing the following:
- A radiographic survey for cancer
- A head, neck, and intra-oral cancer screening
- An evaluation of the bite
- Determining the need for night guards or other teeth protecting devices
- A full periodontal examination and diagnosis
- A determination of which type of dental cleaning is best for your needs
- An evaluation of all existing dental restorations
- An evaluation for the different types of cavities
- A smile analysis and discussion to determine any cosmetic needs or desires
- An evaluation for the need of crowns, porcelain inlays, or onlays
- An evaluation for the need of implants or bone grafting procedures
Dr. Douglas A Deam will then develop a comprehensive, personalized treatment plan outlining the dental treatment needed, the sequence, and the fees involved. After your dental cleaning and exam, our team will schedule you for a short, complementary visit to review the treatment plan, answer questions, and go over the financial information for your treatment. At that time you will receive a copy of the treatment plan.
Contact the office of Douglas A. Deam, DMD, PA today to learn more and to schedule your next teeth cleaning in Coral Gables, Florida!